Sweet tea used to be the only type of tea that I could bring myself to enjoy. My palette has expanded as I have gotten older and I now love sipping hot tea every now and then. I have played around with different hot teas, especially teas with health benefits, over the past few years. Since we are heading into the winter season where sore throats abound, I want to share a few of my favorite soothing sore throat tea recipes with you!.
3 Soothing Sore Throat Tea Recipes
Sore Throat Tea #1: Honey Lemon Tea
This is my favorite tea to drink when I am sick. I’ll be honest, I even drink it even when I am not sick. It is so sweet, simple, & soul soothing!
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBSP local raw honey
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Bring the water almost to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice until it is all combined and dissolved.
- Let it cool enough to not burn your mouth. You still want it to be pretty warm.
*Read more about the health benefits of honey here.
*Read more about the health benefits of lemons here.
Sore Throat Tea #2: Soothing Cinnamon Tea
This is a tea that I have just recently added to my recipe book. It has the consistency of hot chocolate with the soothing & healing properties of cinnamon and ginger.
- 3/4 Heavy Cream OR 1 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 TBSP Local Raw Honey
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Combine the cream or milk with the ground cinnamon, ginger, and honey in a small sauce pan.
- Mix well and then heat over medium-high heat until it is almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and pour into a tea cup or coffee mug.
- Allow to cool of just a bit.
*Read more about the health benefits of cinnamon here.
*Read more about the health benefits of ginger here.
Sore Throat Tea #3: Golden Turmeric Tea
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. You can make a simple turmeric tea with just water, honey, lemon, juice, and turmeric, but I prefer this golden turmeric tea with coconut milk.
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk (or whole milk)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 TBSP Honey
- pinch of Black Pepper or 1/4 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix the turmeric, cinnamon, honey, pepper, and vanilla in a small sauce pan. Use a fork or a whisk to break up any clumps.
- Heat the mixture until it reaches a low boil.
- Pour into a tea or coffee cup.
*Read more about the health benefits of turmeric here.