17 of the Best Beekeeping Books for Beginners
Successful beekeeping requires a lot of research and experimentation. These beekeeping books are the perfect resources for beginner beekeepers to start collecting information for this journey!
The Best Beginner Beekeeping Books
These are the best beekeeping books for beginners! Read through to determine which ones will help you the most on your beekeeping journey.
- The Backyard Beekeeper: An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Keeping Bees in Your Yard and Garden by Kim Flottum
This was the first beekeeping book that I purchased. If you can’t get your hands on any other beginner beekeeping books, I suggest at least grabbing this one! It is an excellent book packed full of important information, tips, and even honey recipes for new beekeepers.
2. The Beekeeper’s Bible: Bees, Honey, Recipes & Other Home Uses by Richard Jones
This book is a valuable addition to any practical beekeeper’s library- beginners and seasoned beekeepers alike. The Beekeeper’s Bible is one of the most popular beekeeping books for good reason.
It is an ultimate guide to beekeeping from the history of beekeeping to managing hives to using honey and beeswax for value-added products.
3. Queenspotting: Meet the Remarkable Queen Bee and Discover the Drama at the Heart of the Hive; Includes 48 Queen spotting Challenges by Hilary Kearney
This book is by Hilary Kearney of Beekeeping Like a Girl. Inside you will learn all about the queen bee and how the hive revolves around her.
4. Beekeeping for Dummies by Howland Blackiston
If you want to know the basics of beekeeping, this book is a good one! It is full of practical beekeeping information in a format perfect for beginners!
5. Beekeeping for Beginners: How to Raise Your First Bee Colonies by Amber Bradshaw
This book was written by Amber Bradshaw of My Homestead Life. Inside you will find beekeeping basics, modern beekeeping practices, beekeeping terminology explained, and more! It can be purchased on Amazon and at many Tractor Supply locations.
9. Beekeeping : A Handbook on Honey, Hives, & Helping the Bees by Joachim Petterson
This beginner beekeeping books has amazing illustrations! If you are a visual learner, get this book! It is available on Amazon and at many Tractor Supply locations.
10. Honeybee Democracy by Thomas D. Seeley
11. Homegrown Honeybees: An Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Beekeeping Your First Year, From Hiving to Honey Harvest by Alethea Morrison
12. The Beekeeper’s Problem Solver: 100 Common Problems Explored and Explained by James E. Tew
13. The Beginner’s Guide to Beekeeping: Everything You Need to Know by Daniel Johnson and Samantha Johnson
This beekeeping book is another amazing comprehensive resource for beginning beekeepers. It has information about starting a hive, swarming bees, how to choose your bees, proper equipment harvesting honey, and so much more!
There is even a section about creating a bee house… How cool! You can find this book on Amazon and at many Tractor Supply locations!
14. Storey’s Guide to Keeping Honeybees, 2nd Edition: Honey Production, Pollination, Health
15. The Backyard Beekeeper’s Honey Handbook: A Guide to Creating, Harvesting, and Baking with Natural Honeys by Kim Flottum
16. Beehive Alchemy: Projects and recipes using honey, beeswax, propolis, and pollen to make soap, candles, creams, salves, and more by Petra Ahnert
17. Sweet Remedies: Healing Herbal Honeys by Dawn Combs
This book is packed full of recipes that use honey and herbs to create healing infusions, oxymels, electuaries, and tinctures. Grab it on Amazon or at your local Tractor Supply store.
MORE BEEKEEPING POSTS:
15 Essential Beekeeping Tools & Supplies
How to Make Sugar Cakes for Honeybees
Make a DIY Beehive Entrance Reducer
Create Honeybee Watering Stations