Are you Ready to Streamline your Homestead Records?
With The Homestead Management Planner, you can do just that! Inside, you will find four printable sections separated by topic- Garden, Livestock, Finances, and Goals.
You will have the option upon checkout to choose the landscape or portrait layout and you can choose between full-color graphics and light graphics (if you want to save on ink).
Binder spines are also included in the download.
**This is a PDF product
Let me know if this sounds familiar:
- You have big goals for your homestead, but you aren’t sure how to realize them.
- You try to keep track of your livestock productivity, but you haven’t found an efficient solution.
- You want to know what is costing money and what is making money on your homestead.
- You desire to be more intentional with a sustainable family garden.
I can hear you yelling a resounding “YES!!!!”
Operating a homestead is a job that is filled to the brim with twists, turns, and unexpected happenings. Planning and keeping detailed (yet simple) records can help you to navigate this roller coaster lifestyle. You need a homestead management system in place that will allow you to stay on top of these necessary tasks without taking up a ton of your valuable time & energy.
My homestead was up and running for YEARS before I started planning and keeping records to help me improve my productivity and reach my goals.
I would start projects with high hopes and enthusiasm only to quit before I could reap any benefits because I had no focus to keep my eyes on. Essentially, I was “grasping at the wind”.
Once I dug my heels in, set solid goals, and created a game plan my homestead started to take shape! I now know exactly what I want from my homestead and I can track my growth from year to year.
Imagine having all of your homestead records organized and streamlined…
That would be wonderful, right? You would look & feel more professional, care for your animals better, maximize your garden’s productivity, save more money and maximize profit, and reach those big homestead goals of yours!
This is where The Homestead Management Planner comes in!
The Homestead Management Planner is THE comprehensive planning & record keeping set for homesteaders!!
The Homestead Management Planner is the perfect system for you and your homestead! This digital (printable) record-keeping package includes all of the record-keeping sheets that you need to manage your livestock, garden, goals, projects, and finances!
With The Homestead Management Planner, you will:
- Plan and track your ideal sustainable garden
- Keep detailed data and records on each specific species of livestock that you raise
- Keep track of your homestead’s income and expenses
- Set clear, actionable, and attainable goals for your homestead.
Here is Exactly What You Will Find Inside The Homestead Management Planner:
*This product is PDF only.
Take an inside look at the sections found inside the Homestead Management Planner- The Homestead Garden Planner, The Livestock Management Planner, The Homestead Finance Tracker, and The Homestead Goal + Project Planner.
*This is a PDF product
The Homestead Livestock Planner is the perfect tool to help you organize your livestock records! The LMB is a collection of printable detailed Livestock Record Books for multiple species. The HLP includes the following species- goats, sheep, cattle, chickens, ducks, turkeys, quail, geese, pigs, rabbits, horses, donkeys, LGDs, Llamas, Alpacas, Honeybees- PLUS a livestock feed & expenses section!
The HLP can be purchased on its own here.
With The Homestead Livestock Planner, you will:
- Keep track of pedigrees + history
- Record medical issues and treatment
- Track breeding, kidding, farrowing, calving, etc.
- Track milk, egg, and fleece production
- Track expenses for your livestock
- Create a feed schedule
- Track livestock additions and losses and more!
*This product is PDF only.
The next resource that you will find inside The Homestead Management Planner is the Homestead Garden Planner.
This garden planner is perfect for planning your garden, tracking your seasonal produce yields, keeping track of your seed inventory, and for referencing quality info about your USDA hardiness zone and simple composting for your garden!
The HGP can be purchased on its own here.
With this Garden Planner, you will:
- Design your garden’s layout
- Record your sowing and harvesting
- Keep track of your seed inventory
- Manage garden expenses
- and so much more!
PLUS At-A-Glance Guides for
- USDA Hardiness Zones
- Companion Planting
- USDA Hardiness Zone Guide- Check this color-coded map to see what gardening zone you live in. Different zones call for different growing requirements so this is important.
- Seed Inventory- Keep track of the seeds that you have on hand so you don’t over or under the order. if you are low on a certain seed type, put a checkmark in the “Restock” column.
- Garden Planning Grid- The Garden Planning Grid is the perfect tool to help you plan and draw your garden’s layout. This is useful to determine proper spacing and for companion planting.
- Square Foot Garden Grid- If you are using the square foot gardening method, you can plan your garden using this grid.
- Soil Tests- Track the results from your seasonal soil tests and the recommended soil amendments to see how your soil improves each year.
- Soil Amendments- When you amend your garden soil, record what you used, the amount, the method used, and the date.
- Pests & Disease Report- Record any pests and disease issues and their treatments on this record sheet.
- Fertilization Log- Use this sheet to track garden fertilizer use from season to season.
- Indoor Starting Schedule- Use this sheet to track the seeds you start indoors from start to germination to transplanting.
- Direct Sowing Schedule- Seeds sown directly into the soil outside can be tracked on this sheet from planting to harvest.
- Transplant Schedule- Keep track of your transplants with this handy sheet. Each time you transplant, record it here to help track the plant’s growth.
- Harvest Log- Enter your harvest yields by variety on the harvest log.
- Weather Tracker- You can enter daily or weekly temperature, wind, precipitation, and humidity for your garden area here.
- Garden Budget- Set a realistic monthly budget for each gardening expense category.
- Garden Expenses- Track your garden-related purchases on this sheet to make sure you stay within budget.
- Garden Projects- Keep your running list of garden projects and their estimated completion dates on this sheet.
- Garden Wish List- Do you have items that you want or need for your garden? List them here.
- Daily Tasks- Tasks that need to be completed every day (i.e. watering) should be listed and prioritized here.
- Weekly Tasks- Tasks that need to be completed once/week can go on this sheet along with the day that you want that task to be completed on.
- Seasonal Tasks- Tasks that need to be completed during certain seasons only can be listed under their respective season on this sheet.
- Companion Planting Guide- Wondering what plants grow the best beside each other? Need to know what plants should not be planted together? This companion planting guide will show you what you need to know!
- Garden Compost Guide- The Garden Compost Guide is a general visual guideline of what you should & should not compost for your garden.
*This is a PDF product.
With this Goal + Project Planner, you will:
- Set Seasonal and Monthly Goals
- Keep track of running projects and a to-do list
- Write down your homestead’s weekly tasks
- Set measurable and actionable goals for the first 5 years (and beyond)
- and more!
- Seasonal Homestead Goals- List each of the goals & projects that you want to accomplish on your homestead during each season of the year.
- Monthly Homestead Goals- List each of the goals & projects that you want to accomplish on your homestead during each month of the year.
- Running Projects- Keep track of your running projects on this sheet so that you don’t let any fall to the wayside.
- Homestead To-Dos- Anything that needs to be done on or around your homestead can be listed here. You can fill out the other goal & project sheets from this list.
- Daily Tasks– Write down each of the homestead tasks that need to be completed each day.
- Weekly Tasks- Write down each of the homestead tasks that need to be done on specific days of each week.
- Homestead Goal Brain Dump- Jot down any and every goal that you can think of for your homestead.
- 1, 3, 5 Year Homestead Plans- Prioritize, set deadlines for, and take action on the most important homestead goals for each step of your homestead journey. There is also an un-numbered option if your are already past the 5 year mark.
*This is a PDF product
With this Finance Planner, you will:
- Track homestead savings and operating funds
- List financial goals for the homestead
- Track expenses by tax category
- Track income by category
- Keep records on your income and sales
- Track your homestead debt payoff
- And create an annual finance review!
- Financial Goals- Use this sheet to keep track of all of the financial goals for your homestead.
- Livestock Expenses- Write down each time you spend money on your livestock.
- Garden Expenses- Use this sheet to write down each time you spend money on your garden.
- Other Expenses- Keep tabs on all homestead expenses outside of the garden & livestock using this sheet.
- Income and Sales- Track your homestead’s sales and income on this sheet.
- Annual Expenses by Tax Category- Keep your expenses separated by tax category using this sheet to help you know where your dollars are going so that you can maximize profit in the next year. Categories are based on the IRS Schedule F form.
- Annual Income by Category- Track your annual income by category to help you focus on your homestead’s most profitable aspects and maximize profit.
- Homestead Savings- Each time you deposit or withdraw money from your farm savings account, track it on this sheet.
- Operating Fund- Each time you deposit or withdraw money from your homestead’s operating fund., record it here.
- Debt Payoff Tracker- Decide on an amount for each hexagon to represent based on the total debt you need to pay off. Fill in a hexagon each time you pay off that amount.
- Annual Finance Review- This sheet gives you an at-a-glance view of your homestead’s overall annual profits. Simply take the total amounts from the income and expense sheets and plug them in here.
What are people saying about The Homestead Management Planner?
Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t spend another year scribbling in a notebook that you will lose before tax time!
Start planning and recording TODAY to seeing growth and improvement in your homestead season to season.
Who Am I to Talk to You About Homestead Planning?
I’m Jess and I was once a miserable homesteader.
I worked really hard but didn’t have a steady focus to work toward.
I also never knew if I was making progress on my goals because #1 I hadn’t set any goals and #2 I wasn’t keeping track of my progress.
With 5 kids and a full plate, I just let too many things fall through the cracks.
When I took the time to look at WHY I was failing, I realized that the issue was in my lack of planning and record keeping.
When I started gardening, I threw seeds or transplants out all willy-nilly with no real rhyme or reason.
I couldn’t remember which animals had been treated for what illnesses or when each female was due to have babies.
There was also no budget for the homestead cash flow. It just went in and out with no intention.
I FINALLY got sick and tired of wasting my money and time on this unorganized and very vague “system” of mine. That’s when I created the planners inside The Homestead Management Binder. I have updated and improved the planner over the years and I LOVE that I now get to share it with you!
A Little Recap…
The Homestead Management Planner is PERFECT for the homesteader who loves pen + paper record keeping and wants to increase homestead productivity year after year!
With the purchase of The Homestead Management Planner, you will receive:
It’s time to stop wasting your money & efforts homesteading unintentionally.
Grab the HMP + start planning your most productive year yet!
*Product is PDF only
*Do not duplicate or resell
*Refunds cannot be offered for digital products.
Pin The Homestead Management Planner for later!